Well it may not be a brewery, but they are still half pint friendly and they still have booze…so cheers to Finnriver Farm and Cidery!
This great place is located in Chimacum, and is a VERY kiddo friendly place! We visited a few weekends during the Olympic Wineries Red Wine and Chocolate Festival. This is a great place if you like ciders (and even if you don’t, try theirs…you might be surprised). It’s an actual working farm which makes it perfect for the half pints!
We love this place because everyone in our family is happy. My husband loves the hard cider break from wineries; I love their pear cider (and I’m a PICKY cider drinker); and Flynn loves the mud and puppies!
As I mentioned we visited during the Red Wine and Chocolate tour and we loved it. Even the people in our party who thought they might not like the cider loved it. Their cider is not super sweet, but it has great flavor and good carbonation. I can’t get enough of their pear cider and my new obsession is their Spirited Apple Wine–I can’t wait to sit around a camp fire and drink it!
I can’t say enough great things about this place. We had such a special time there. The lady that did our tasting in the tasting room was great (I really wish I would have gotten her name, she was amazing), and I got to talk to the owner a bit when I purchased my bottles–she took me and showed me the champagne racks (I love extra touches like that!).
If you are in the Olympic Peninsula area please stop by here! You and your half pint won’t forget or regret it! Your kid will love the mud and fun of the farm and you can enjoy some hard cider.
- They have an outdoor pizza oven, so check their website for events
- This IS a working farm, so plan on getting muddy and having your nugget get muddy!
- ALL the Olympic Wineries are kid friendly!—Visit them, they are great!
Sister, Oregon is home to a lot of great things that your half pint will love. It is also home to a place with great pints called “Three Creek’s Brewing.” This is another great kid-friendly brewery with amazing food and some wonderful beers!
Located on the edge of town by the movie theater this is a fun place to stop in with your kid because they have a great selection of kid friendly foods like burgers and pizza. They also have the BEST sweet potato fries I have ever had…so crispy!
Another big plus is they have areal big dinning area so you don’t have to wait too long. The restaurant has lots of fun things to for your half-pint to look at like great paintings and wall decor! If you leave your little ones at home they also have a nice size bar with great seating!
We like to stop here and grab food and a pint before we head out to explore Sisters. I always get a taster tray here because I can’t decide which beer I want, but my husband LOVES their Stone Fly Rye.
After you finish your grub and brews head into town and check out all the great shops! My husbands favorite is the fly shop of course!
- If you have more than one day in Sisters check out the brewery and then Slicks-Q! It is a yummy BBQ place!
- If you go in the summer take advantage of the wonderful patio
- Download the Bend Ales Trail map! You get to check in at all the breweries (including Three Creeks) and you can get free stuff at the end!
This is one of our favorite breweries to visit when we head down to Bend! It’s very small so that is the only bad thing, but for the most part this place allows kids and if you are outside, pooches!
The outside is great with a fire, extra seating and a fun atmosphere! We love going there because they also have the BEST pizza, and what little half pint doesn’t love pizza! Our favorite is the Cowboy.
They have a wonderful kids menu, and your kid gets a Frisbee with their meal.
Enjoy their sampler as well, it’s usually enough for 2 to share (especially if ya have your kiddos with ya!). The Sinister Black is our favorite. If beer isn’t your thing they also have a full bar with some yummy cocktails!
Great beer, great food
- Dress warm….There is lots more seating outside, so if you are ready for the weather you have a better chance of getting seated quicker!
- You can order any pizza half and half!…even if they have two different sauces so the adults can enjoy the hulk with pesto while the hp’s enjoy a regular old peperoni!
- They have a secret handle! Ask your server for what is on the “Big Handle” it’s usually something yummy and experimental like PB and J beer.
- If your little one is being fussy OR you are planning on visiting on a busy day, just call ahead and order a pizza and get a growler to enjoy at home!